Thursday, March 21, 2013

new old-fashioned way

Dear Readers, Google Reader AND Google Friend Connect are going the way of cassette tapes, so make sure you don't lose your favorite blogs - Especially Favor the Brave, which you can follow on Bloglovin' HERE! Import all your fave blogs from Google Reader to Bloglovin' here.

oldschool6

I cannot believe I haven't blogged this dress before. It is one of the most beautiful pieces of 1960s vintage I have ever seen (much less owned!) and I adore it. I found it at the Tulsa Antique Show in February and it was love at first sight. The lady gave me a great deal on it and it had the ORIGINAL, 1960s department store tags on it. Literally like-new vintage. Sometimes life just tosses you those easy ones so you can feel great about knocking it out of the park.

This outfit is basically all the weird things in my closet that I love. And I love that about it.

oldschool5


oldschool4

What to call this piece of clothing - a shawl? a shrug? a cape? a cardi? I really don't know - but I like it! The proportions are tricky though, and this dress seems to just work so well with it. Happy accidents.

oldschool2

oldschool3

oldschool


1 comment:

  1. I LOVEEE that dress! It's gorgeous and has great colors... what an awesome find.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...