Thursday, March 7, 2013

stop yelling

outoffocus

Do you ever feel like the internet makes you feel like you're yelling over everyone else?

Look at me! Buy my thing! Pin my tutorial! Tell me I'm adorable! LOVE ME!

There's thirty thousand million of us trying to carve out our own little corner, our own little blog, our own little business - whatever. And not only that, but there is always someone doing better, getting more, being heard over top of us. It gets overwhelming, doesn't it? 

It does for me. I do what makes me happy, but I also have to see growth to feel like what I'm pursuing is worthwhile. So you know what I think the key is? Measuring growth in millimeters instead of in yards. Letting every victory, no matter how small, be it's own beautiful thing. 

And stop yelling, and start giving. Then let's see what happens.

outoffocus2


3 comments:

  1. Sue @ A Colourful CanvasMarch 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM

    Timely post, thanks. As a new blogger, it's a little surprising to discover the competitive side of blogging. And you're right. Celebrate the successes, no matter how small.


    Have a great day,


    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hannah @ The Braided BanditMarch 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM

    Such a sweet post, I totally feel you on the yelling sentiment. I don't get the feeling that much with my own personal blog, since I assume if people read it its because they want to. But I often feel like I am yelling at my real life friends and family, such as on facebook, when I post anything about my blog and shop! It's kind of crazy to be really proud of something, but a little bit ashamed of it too!
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah
    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...