Friday, March 29, 2013

craft fair-ology: be your own favorite booth

8368512562_2ba772621d_z

If you're just joining me, this is "Craft Fair-ology," my regular feature on helpful tips and hints for selling handmade goods at craft fairs.

But wait, you don't have to be a craft vendor to learn something useful! I will be mentioning how to apply these tips and techinques for display and storage to other aspects of your life as well... truly win-win! 


wholebooth

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard for selling at craft shows is to be the booth you would most want to stop at. The set up pictured above is the booth where I feel like I did that the best. I am drawn to lots of color, but I like for it to have some uniformity - hence the black and white chalkboard theme with the pops of every color of the rainbow!

What you like might be different from what other people like, but it's guaranteed that you will do your best work if you are doing what you love and showing in a way you like instead of copying someone else's style. When you are at craft fairs, take a walk around and note what you like that the other vendors are doing. Make sure you're using them for inspiration rather than directly copying them, because you always want to make sure you make things you're own. When you have a chance, jot down all your ideas and think about what you do with your time and space.

Most of all, be patient with yourself. The most well put together booths didn't happen overnight, and I have spent the better part of 4 years perfecting mine, and I am always improving.

For more craft fair advice, read the rest of my Craft Fair-ology posts.

Dear Readers, Google Reader AND Google Friend Connect are going the way of cassette tapes, so make sure you don't lose your favorite blogs - Especially Favor the Brave, which you can follow on Bloglovin' HERE! Import all your fave blogs from Google Reader to Bloglovin' here.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...