Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Need Help!

Alright friends, readers, and silent lurkers: It's time to come out and help me!

I found this AMAZING dress at the thrift store today, but I have no idea how/when to wear it! 

It is a very pale yellow/cream color (the bottom two pictures are the most accurate, at least on my monitor, color-wise) which doesn't do anything good for my Irish skin, but the design and pattern were to perfect to pass up. It fits like a glove and the hem falls at the bottom of my knee. The skirt has the best shape because there is a thin crinoline built in. It is new with tags... and it was originally $94!

Any ideas about how to make it work? I know there has to be a way! 





Leave your suggestions!

peace&love,
Jill

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern looks like DaVinci's note book sketches! Nice find! I am fairly certian you could pull this off, no matter where/how you wear it! My suggestion is a nice green cardigan that will bring out the Irish in you and tie it to your eyes and hair. Maybe like a sage or something similar. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think it would be gorgeous with a little cardigan that has a great pop of color (Sara got to the suggestion before me :)). I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sage green! That would be pretty perfect wouldn't it? Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or, if you're feeling particularly adventurous, you could always try dyeing it. It probably depends on what fabric it's made from, but it's a possibility. Coupling it with a more complementarily-colored sweater/cardigan and shoes combo is the easier option, though, of course. Either way, great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I have visited your blog and now I am filled with envy! That dress is awesome!!! I love Sarah's suggestions and I CAN'T wait to see what it looks like on!

    Katie
    hemsforher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad...
    Why would any Catholic yound lady want the kind of attention something like this brings? Don't you have a boyfriend, or parents that would be offended by you showing your chest to the world?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled upon this post and am several months late, but I feel that it could be pulled off with just a simple brown belt around the waist. Probably more on the thicker side, or maybe a braided one or one that wraps around a few times, if you understand what I mean haha

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...