Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First 15 Books I'm Going to Read Now That I'm Not In College


My Kindle has been languishing in disuse for the past year, except when novels came up in my various European Lit classes. But no longer. Here's the first 15 books I plan to read. 
And remember, this list is an English major planning her rebellion against everything she's been reading for the past four years. So don't judge me too harshly.

  1. The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff
  2. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
  3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  4. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
  5. Swamplandia! by Karen Russell
  6. Heart of the Artist by Rory Noland
  7. Brida by Paulo Coelho
  8. We Are All Made of Glue by Marina Lewycka
  9. The Enormous Room by e.e. cummings
  10. Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
  11. When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
  12. The Santa Land Diaries by David Sedaris
  13. The Story of Ireland by Emily Lawless
  14. How We Are Hungry by Dave Eggers
  15. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
peace&love,
Jill


3 comments:

  1. Are you open to recommendations? If you haven't read Water for Elephants, it was fantastic... I actually just did a blog post about the vintage fashions from the film yesterday! Also, you will not be disappointed with Girl with the dragon Tattoo, although I do warn you there are some pretty dark parts to get through. If you are are open to Christian fiction I'm in the middle of Francine Rivers book "Her Mother's Hope" right now and it is so good I stayed up till 2:30 last night reading. Enjoy your reads!

    xoxo,
    annie

    I'm hosting a vintage dress giveaway on my blog, hope you will stop by!

    http://vintagediggs.com/2011/12/holiday-vintage-dress-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'll add those to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, that I'm awkwardly commenting on an older post when I've only just found your blog. I love that you made this list though! I'm an English major as well, and I'm already putting things on my list for when I finally graduate in May. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...