Friday, December 23, 2011

I Made It: Tassel Earrings


This break from school/life/obligations has been the most ideal time to craft. I have so many more tutorials to show you, but most of them were gifts for people who read my blog! No spoiling the surprises, so those will all be up after Christmas. 

I found this tassel edging at the thrift store and I inexplicably wanted to make earrings out of it. 
No accounting for taste. But they turned out well! Here's how I made them.


Obtain tassel edging. 
Cut off two individual tassels. 
Use a generous length of wire to wrap around the base of the fringe several times 
(I used aluminum wire because it is so easy to wrap and bend)


Bend the wire up the back till it is pretty close to the top of the tassel. 
Wrap until you reach the top and make a loop in the wire.
Put on earring wires. 
Wear and look fabulous.


Two days until Christmas!

peace&love, 
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Love these earrings! :) This reminds me that I need to buy some more wire!!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...