Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Cooked It: Hootenanny

It has the most awesome name of any food I have ever heard of. And it is delicious.

Do you need any more reason to make it? Okay, it's the easiest thing ever.


I made this for family breakfast on Christmas Eve and everyone ate it, which says something in a family of five very distinct palettes. We ate it variably plain, with salt and pepper, with syrup, and with good old-fashioned butter. You really can't go wrong.




(I tried to hunt down the original source, but the blog that is cited no longer exists. 
Here's the link to the Pinterest page where I discovered it, 
which is also where this picture is from, because I fail at remembering to take pictures of food before we devour it.)

HOOTENANNY (Or Oven Pancake): 

  1. Blend up 1 c. white flour, 1 c. milk, 6 eggs, and 1/4 tsp. salt. 
  2. Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan. 
  3. Then, pour 1/2 cube melted butter over the top (do not mix). 
  4. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. 
  5. Cut in pieces, drizzle with Maple Syrup, serve.

3 comments:

  1. I tell you, I have been sitting here trying to think of a food with a better name than Hootenanny, and I can't think of one. Hootenanny wins. Don't look too bad, neither...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call it Popey Pancake, or Pop-up! Another name is Dutch Baby. If you pour the same mixture into (hot, greased) popover or cupcake tins, you'll get Popovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a German Pancake to me.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...