Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Cooked It: Baked Crab Ragoons

I love crab ragoons. A lot. But they're not exactly health food. Not that I'm a health nut or anything, but c'mon. I do have a wedding dress to get into soon. And that's why when I found a baked crab ragoon recipe, via Big Red Kitchen, I knew I had to try it. Here's my version of the recipe, with my alterations.

Ingredients:

4 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
A dash of garlic salt
6 ounces imitation crab meat, diced
30 mini Fillo cup shells (2 packages)
 


Mix everything (except the Filo shells) together in a bowl.


Spoon the mixture into the Filo shells on an ungreased cookie sheet. 
(I also experimented with using a scoop to do this and it worked pretty well, as long as you only partially filled it with the crab mixture.)


Bake in 400 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.

Before

After!

So delicious. So simple.
My family devoured them completely--at lunch no less! 
Mom is already scheming to use them as holiday appetizers. Enjoy!

peace&love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...