Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Wedding Files #3: California Fitting Getaway


In case you are unfamiliar with it, this is a picture of me standing in front of the Golden Gate Bridge, looking like an idiot. I think I was about to fix my hair or something. 
Oh well. Look at the bridge, not me. Or my cropped trench... that's cute, right?

I was in California this last weekend to get measured, pick out fabric, and talk about design with my enormously talented aunt, who so very graciously offered to MAKE my wedding dress for me.

I will never complain of having bad luck again. At least not for a very long time.

We (meaning she) are working from a picture I took in Scotland of a GORGEOUS wedding dress. Let's just say that I love it. So very very much. 
I think I might just wear it around the house after the wedding. 

And that's all the info you get. You'll have to be patient. Just like me. 


Here is the obligatory shot of the Pacific. It was cold. It was big. If you are surprised, you've clearly never been there in September... or probably any time. Be warned if you're planning a vacation.

I spent a whirlwind day in and around San Francisco, shopping for fabric, visiting my aunt's studio, going to a bead show (!) and seeing the sights. It was wonderful. My aunt and uncle are excellent company and we had a great time.


This was the sky flying over Southern California. And it was infinitely more amazing in person. I kind of hate flying because I have terrible pain in my ears when I fly, but it was worth it for this. 

Next time... the beads from the Bead and Gem Show in San Mateo!

peace&love,
Jill

2 comments:

  1. Ok, seriously, this is getting weird. We have a ton in common! I was born & raised in San Mateo, then I lived in San Francisco for 4 years while going to college, and now I am in Florida (Blah, fiance is going to grad school... only here for 2 years). Are you from the bay area? Will your wedding be in SF? Ok, sorry to have stalked your page! :D Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is crazy... but unfortunately no, I'm not from CA. Actually Iowa by way of Kansas, moving to Oklahoma, so coastal life has never been my thing! I was just there for a fitting. First time actually!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...