Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Breakfast in a Muffin


I swear I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. I've just been...busy. 
I went to see my fiance this last weekend and goodness knows that's a recipe for not getting much writing done. Wonderful weekend. Not much writing though.

Anyway, I've been living on these. Seriously. I have one every single morning and I have a small panic attack when I run out of them. Husband-to-be likes them a lot too, so when I visited him last weekend I took him some. They are. so. good. 

I usually make a double batch and freeze them. I find that popping them in the microwave for 20 seconds upside down (yes, it does matter) and 20 seconds right side up is about perfect to warm them up. It's nice too when I want to eat before the house is ready for the large scale kitchen noise that is me attempting to cook breakfast.

I got the recipe here on Cooking with My Kid. 
Apparently the kid is optional because I did just fine without one.

Here's a copy of the recipe. All credit to Rebecca.



Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Muffins

Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 20 to 25 mins

Ingredients:

1 package biscuit dough (10 biscuits)
3 eggs
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup of shredded cheddar
4 slices bacon (we used turkey bacon and veggie bacon)
salt and pepper

Cook the bacon in a pan or in the oven until it’s almost done. Chop into small bits and set aside. (Note: if using veggie bacon do not cook it ahead – simply defrosted it and chopped it up.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together eggs and milk, a pinch of salt and some cracked pepper to taste and set aside. Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit until it’s slightly bigger than the circumference of your muffin tin. Grease the muffin tin with cooking spray and push one biscuit into each muffin cup being sure to push it all the way down and to the sides. Leave the ridge hanging over the edge. Divide the cheese evenly in each of the biscuit cups and then pour egg in, filling each cup only 1/2 way. They will look empty but resist the urge to top them off. You must account for the biscuits puffing up – otherwise you’ll have a mess on your hands. Sprinkle bacon atop of the egg and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are golden and eggs are set. Use a butter knife to loosen each muffin and serve warm.

Make these. You will be happy.


peace&love,


Jill




1 comment:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...