Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gang Aft Agley


Before I get all caught up in talking about unrelated things, I have a new post up on College Fashion:

How to Remake a Thrift Store Dress: Part One


Makes you excited for Part Two, doesn't it?  All in good time.
(And more is coming about the dress pictured above... 
I just finished the revamp and I think you're going to like it.)

And now, my life.

Ahh what a week/end, a half-word, half-not-word that I just made up to encompass Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Feel free to spread it around.

It was all about the dramatic contrast, which I normally appreciate, but a girl has limits.
My computer hard drive failed, my car died, my credit card bill tried to pay itself out of a closed bank account, and my legs exploded with a million bug bites.
But I also got to spend three days with my fiance, looking at wedding rings, walking around the town where we fell in love, eating at the Cheesecake Factory, watching the sun set and playing Zelda. 
Makes it hard to be mad about the first part, right?

It all brings to mind the poem by Robert Burns called "To A Mouse," especially these few lines:

But Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley
 

(Gang aft agley here meaning "often go awry." Appropriate, right?)

Burns is really not a favorite poet of mine, but we've been studying him in British Literature. 
And I've been to his museum. In Scotland.
Just saying.
Got that incredible and frustrating thing going on all over the place, haven't we?

peace&love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...