These homemade gummies are so fun to make and pretty darn delicious. I've discovered that they make great throat lozenges when you suck on them slowly - the lemon and honey and perfect for a pick me up!
3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons honey
Optional – Non-toxic, vegetable-based food coloring
- Whisk lemon/lime juice, honey and gelatin in a sauce pan until there are no lumps.
- Heat over low heat until it’s nice and melty, stirring constantly.
- Add food coloring and/or extract if desired – you’re almost done now!
- Grab an ice cube tray or silicone mold (I don’t recommend silicone usually but since we’re not baking with it here I think it’s fine). You can use a basic pan, too, and then just cut into squares or use a cookie cutter after it’s set.
- Pour in the mixture, then pop in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up. Once they’re out of the freezer they will stay firm at room temperature.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
(recipe from Mommypotamus)