January can get a little *blah* and so here's a quick list of ways to make your days brighter- and more creative!
- Write a haiku every night before bed.
- Research what herbs go best with different meats and veggies so that you can work some kitchen magic without just following the recipe.
- Doodle while you're on the phone.
- Put unexpected colors together in your outfits like blue and orange, purple and green, or coral and yellow.
- Refresh your space and do a quick decorating facelift with new curtains or throw pillows.
- Listen to a radio show instead of watching TV so that you can imagine the pictures.
- Learn a fun new hobby like crochet, painting, or knitting.
- Play dress up.
- Repaint your work space in a bright and fun new color.
- Go to a local museum for inspiration.
- Tell a child a bedtime story.
- Make a collage of photos family and friends sent with their Christmas cards to display on the fridge or a bulletin board.
- Reread a favorite book and use it to inspire a piece of art. It will hold an even more significance for you.
- Buy some inexpensive and fun accessories like belts and earrings, you can use to expand your wardrobe.
- Experiment with fun cocktails at home so you can wow guests while you're entertaining in the future!
- Have a girl's night out to a painting or pottery studio. It's the perfect opportunity to branch out artistically without buying a lot of supplies!
- Go to a home remodeling workshop at a local hardware store and learn a new technique for home beautification.
- Make a Pinterest board of things you want to do in the next 3 months. Make it realistic. Do one pin each week.
- Learn calligraphy and use it address any envelopes you send - even the bills!
- Buy a beautiful journal and use it for writing or sketching, whatever you like to do best.
- Make lovely and colorful arrangement of fruit for your kitchen such as apples, bananas, mangoes, oranges, and pomegranates - the color is inspiring!
- Buy something unexpected off the sales rack - and challenge yourself to wear it 4 times in a month.
- Try to journal with your opposite hand - it can help put you in touch with the other half of your brain, and for rightys that can mean more creativity!
- Take fun and crazy pictures with friends or family members.
- Mess around with photo editing software, just for fun.
Go forth and be creative!