Friday, July 15, 2011

Vintage Postage Stamp Box


A few years ago I came into ownership of a HUGE quantity of stamps, as well as many foreign stamps and duplicates. The appraiser I had come and look at them said that they weren't really worth anything, so I decided to be creative with them :)

I've explored lots of ways of using these stamps and I've used them to make pendants, decorated ball point pens, and boxes like this one.

This particular box is covered with bright colored stamps from all over the world. I painted the box with a base coat and then mod podged the stamps onto it. I then used foil tape to tidy up the edges of both the lid and the box. Then I covered the whole thing with a clear glaze and added green felt to the bottom of the box. I absolutely love the finished product! Check it out:




Hope you like it!

peace&love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...