Thursday, May 2, 2013

twice around dresses

watercolor4

I wore this dress to a Spring event at the Garden Center a few weeks ago and a sweet older lady came up to me to comment on it. "I had a dress pretty much - no - exactly like that one in the early 1970s... I should have just given it to you so you didn't have to buy it." "Well next time you come across it," I said, "Look me up! I'll take it off your hands!" 

I love how trends seem so new to us, when they've actually been around one, or more, times before. I've realized it's been over a year since I bought a piece of new clothing off the rack because I can find just about whatever style I'm looking for in a lot better quality at the thrift store, leftover from it's first round on the trend wheel.

This dress, however, was a notable exception because it was $1, newish, but badly damaged at a closeout store - so, since I basically rebuilt it, I don't have to count that, right?

watercolor3


1 comment:

  1. I love this outfit! It looks so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...