I know that when November rolls around people often start lists of things they're thankful for for each day of the month to get them all ready for the holiday spirit. Early this month I started a list too, but my intention is to keep adding 4 things to it every day for a year. So on 11/4/13 I will have a list of 1,460 things I am thankful for. I will spare you the whole long list I have so far, and just hit a few highlights, but maybe, if I'm as good as my word, I'll give you the whole shebang next year.
1. My relationship with God: At the center of everything is my faith. It motivates me, challenges me, and allows me to grow closer to God, the whole reason for my existence. I know He has a plan for me and that pushes me to constantly become the best version of myself, so that I may fulfill that plan.
2. My husband John: Being a young married person can be challenging because it's so rare these days, but it makes all the difference in the world when you're with the right person. John is the funniest, sweetest, most faith-filled man I know and he can always seem to say what I need most to hear. I am so thankful to have a husband who cherishes marriage as much as I do, who so strongly believes in God, and who treats me with such love, honor, and respect.
3. My wonderful family: It's hard to live two states away from my family, but I know that they are always there to support me no matter what's going on. My parents are such wonderful people and good examples to us of kind and caring adults. My brothers are hilarious and remind me constantly that life really is meant to be enjoyed. I'm actually going to get to see the whole family later today and I'm really excited.
4. My creativity: No matter what I have been pursuing it's always seemed to require creativity and I am so thankful that I get to use this gift so often. Being a creative person, I feel like possibilities are everywhere, which makes life such an adventure!
5. My freedom: I am thankful that I live in the USA where we are free to voice our own opinions and share our own thoughts, but I am so thankful that I am personally free from addiction, bad relationships, and overwhelming debt. Sure there are student loans, and sure, there are struggles, but overall, I am able to make my own decisions free from coercion and unwanted influences.
6. Popcorn: I really like popcorn. A lot. So I'm thankful for that.
P.S. Have you heard about the 50 States of Brave Blogger Search? If you're a blogger in the US, you might want to get involved! Go here to find out what it is and what you need to do!